Excellent opportunity for a trainee dental nurse to be supported and work in a lovely practice. We work with this practice on a regular basis and have several dental nurses become GDC registered here due to the support from the team and dentists.
The practice delivers excellent dental results by combining the latest treatment techniques, a comforting approach and exceptional care.
Their highly skilled team focuses on prevention – helping patients maintain great oral health – they also offer a range of expertly delivered cosmetic and restorative treatments to maximize peoples smile.
Hours are full time and will be discussed on joining
Bus lines that stop near the practice: 46, 23, 7, 36, 205, 27
Parking: Metered street parking
- Assist the dentist, providing chair side assistance.
- Maintain impeccable standards of hygiene and cross infection control, according to the latest guidelines and following practice procedures and policy.
- Prepare instrument trays for procedures.
- Follow all practice procedures and protocols to maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure that all the relevant paperwork is completed promptly and accurately and that all client records are updated and maintained, according to practice procedures.
- Assist in managing the appointment book for all clinicians, ensuring that the daily production targets can be met, and the booking system is followed and to ensure a smooth day
- Build trusting and caring relationships with all patients and take all reasonable steps to ensure their comfort and retain them as a client.
- Monitor stock levels for materials
- Assist the clinical team and reception team in gaining acceptance for treatment plans from clients and support the practice in gaining testimonials and referrals from clients.
Skills & Attitudes:
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (including a positive and friendly phone manner).
- Excellent listening skills and a calm, empathetic approach to patients.
- Builds trust and rapport with a wide range of people.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good technical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and alone when required.
- Good IT skills
- A “can-do” attitude, with the desire to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
- To be proactive
- Prepared to work according to the practice systems and brand standards.
- A professional appearance.