Level 3 Certificate Assessing Vocational Achievement ( CAVA)
Why become a Dental Assessor?
Becoming a dental nurse assessor offers a rewarding career path that combines clinical expertise with the opportunity to shape the future of dental nursing.
This role not only allows you to make a significant impact on the quality of dental care by ensuring that dental nurses are highly skilled and competent, but it also provides a sense of fulfilment from mentoring and supporting the next generation of dental professionals which is something here at the Dental Nursing Academy we are wanting to do.
As a dental nurse assessor, you'll have the chance to stay at the forefront of dental practices and innovations, continuously learning and growing in your own career.
Additionally, this position offers diversity in your daily activities, moving beyond routine clinical tasks to include education, assessment, and curriculum development.
It's a career that not only advances your professional development but also enhances the standards of dental nursing practice, contributing to the improvement of patient care and outcomes.
If you're passionate about dental health, enjoy teaching and mentoring, and are looking for a role with a lasting impact, becoming a dental nurse assessor could be a fulfilling and dynamic career choice one of which we are excited to help you achieve.
What we offer
- Unlike most courses we offer a one off face to face ( virtual) induction to your course so you know from day one what to expect
- Additional zoom meetings and support where needed with our wonderful tutors
- Remote online course materials to study in the comfort of your own home as and when you want to which includes all 3 modules and an easy to use e-portfolio system
- We will provide you with the textbook you need to help you with your course meaning you wont have to buy this
- You must be a registered dental nurse with your GDC number
- Have your own laptop or access to one and internet access
- Ideally be working in a dental setting
- Be aged 19 or above
- Good level of English is required
- Commit fully to the cour
Topics you will cover
- Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Unit 2 – Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- Unit 3 – Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
How you will be assessed
- On your course you will complete all 3 units online via workbooks ‘which
- will be written questions
- You will complete observations for 2 learners and 2 pieces of work for each ( full information and support will be given on this)
- Final zoom professional discussion to overview on all units
There are no exams to complete for this course.
- £625 in full or flexible payment plan:
- You will pay £200 your first payment on enrolment
- You will then pay ( should you wish to pay in instalments 2 more monthly payments of £212.50)
- Full terms and conditions on enrolment, all learners will receive a learning agreement.
- 10% discount for previous students who qualified with us.
We will have 4 intakes a year
- 1st April 2024
- 1st July 2024
- 1st October 2024
- 1st Jan 2025